Thursday, June 25, 2009

Week # 6 Good bye for now....

Well it's a wrap! What a remarkable performance this semester! The passion and energy and overall excitement for gender studies was so satisfying as a teacher. Thank you for making it a great class! The class was so successful because you cared about sharing and promoting your ideas with one another. An online class needs students that are passionate, and have an intellectual curiousity. This shouldn't be the ending but the beginning. Take the ideas shared in this course (text, blogs, wikis, Bb, etc.) and continue to explore, recognize and continue to live them. I would really appreciate it if you would NOT delete your blog. I would like to be able to use your blogs in the future in my teaching and faculty training. I am proud of the work that has been done this semester. I am always here for you if you want to continue this gender communication discussion! Enjoy your summer! Wishing each of you all the best!

1 comment:

Neeru said...

Prof M,
I just wanted to tell you what a remarkable class this was and I would highly recommend it. The format it was taught in was excellent. I think this class should be a requirement not an elective because it contains facts that are an essential part of life. This has been my favorite class; I took it as an elective and expected to just take a minimal amount of knowledge away from it but the truth is that the facts I’ve learned have helped me realize so much about my every day life. I look at the world a little different now and have already engaged in changing my personal behaviors because I am more conscious of them now. And i can't forget to mention the technological aspect of the class that has taught me about wiki pages and blogs. This is information I can use for future classes and will come in handy. Thanks for everything and have a great summer. I hope I have the pleasure of working with you again sometime in the future.
Neeru